Friday, August 5, 2011

Just like I remember

Tonight we had chicken cacciatore using a recipe from Lidia's Italy (http://www.lidiasitaly.com).  I used red wine instead of white and it was just like I remember my mom and grandmother made.  We also had a delicious insalata caprese, fresh sliced tomatoes with fresh mozzarella and shredded fresh basil, a little salt, pepper, balsamic vinegar and good olive oil, YUM! 

We also signed up for the Eatwell Farm Tomato Sauce party.  We do this every year and can about 20 or so quarts of tomatoes - are stash for the year.  The party came just in time - I'm getting a little low on tomatoes.  This year we will also bring along some Lavender Ricotta Salata and some Rosemary Ricotta Salata for folks to try.  It's a fresh cheese to which we added Lorraine's lavender and rosemary salts.  They are looking good, aging in the fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment