Monday, August 15, 2011

This Week's Box 8/17/2011

This is what is coming my way veggie-wise from Eatwell Farm:

Cherry Tomatoes
Slicers Tomatoes
Heirloom Tomatoes
Strawberries
Bunching Onions
Italian Large Leaf Basil
Middle Eastern Cucumbers
Tomatillos
Mixed Potatoes
Summer Squash
Sweet Peppers
Mixed Hot Peppers
Eggplant- *bonus

Hmmmm- I see Greek salad in my future made with some of the fresh tomatoes, cukes and whatever feta I have in the fridge from the cheesemaking forays.  Green chicken enchilada casserole made from the tomatillos and some hot peppers.  I think I will also make more koftas with the zucchini - they were very tasty and I have some masala frozen from the last time I made a double batch.  The eggplant will go to baba ganoush this week, since I made a gallopscious lot of eggplant parmesan last week (2 containers frozen and one we are eating now).  A nice potato gratin is speaking to me as well.  Sausage and pepper sandwiches are also calling.  Good eats!

No comments:

Post a Comment