Sunday, December 25, 2011

Had to try out my new toys!

It's Christmas and I received two new Danish dough whisk.  Sooooo, I had to try them out on some loaves of bread.  We need toasting bread for tomorrow and I enjoyed the Honey Whole Wheat Challah so much I decided to make it again, but this time in bread pans.  The recipe is from Inside the Jewish Bakery.  The only change I made to the recipe was to bake the loaves almost 40 minutes to ensure they were cooked throughout, 25 minutes for 9 x 5 loaf pans just didn't seem right.  Here's the result --

And here is another bread from today's baking spree, olive bread from The Il Fornaio Baking Book by Franco Galli.  I haven't cut this bread to look at the crumb but I may finally have some holey bread here.  I got alot of oven spring so I am ever hopeful of holes.  This will be our soup bread for the week.




No comments:

Post a Comment