Thursday, March 7, 2013

Need More Bread!

After being away from home for a week, it's good to be back, even if I did have a great time at my niece's wedding and had a long and relaxing visit with my sister in New Jersey. 

Now it's time to make more bread.  We were almost completely out of bread.  Yesterday, I made some whole wheat bread for toasting.  Today, I'm working on sourdough bread for soups.  The recipe I use for sourdough is from the website The Fresh Loaf, and is called San Joaquin Sourdough.  I played with the recipe somewhat, using 200g whole wheat flour and 250g of Eatwell Sonora wheat along with the 50g of rye flour.  It will be a hearty loaf for sure. 

It was also time to refresh the sourdough starter I keep in the fridge.  I did that and also used a bit of the starter leftover from the San Joaquin bread to make more starter for a sourdough oat breakfast bread recipe that was given to me by a friend.  I want to try this bread recipe out and see if I can weigh my ingredients as I go to get a more reliable recipe. 

All fun bread games and tasty too!

No comments:

Post a Comment